"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous, do not be afraid do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God is with you wherever you may go." Josuah 1:9

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

The birthday from the future.

Haha Ok so funny thing I forgot to post this four days ago. The Internet was out so I couldn't post it. So I copied it to a notepad and just now found it. So enjoy! SO yesterday was most defiantly un-like any other birthday I have ever had; but I have a feeling it is much like ones to come. I woke up at 5am knowing it was my birthday so naturally I just kind of stayed awake. But I didn't get out of bed until 6am. I considered exercising and then thought..nah its my birthday. Then I skyped my parents, opened my cards, got a call from my grandparents, and then checked my Facebook. After all that was done I had my fabulous sweet 16 breakfast of...are you ready?..Bran muffins! Okay so not so glamorous...but I'm in Haiti we make do with what we got. After breakfast I put on a pair of scrubs and went to work. Well here work didn't last long I was only down there for half an hour or so. After that I worked in the office with Mrs. Tracey and then I baked for most of the day. Now I'm sure not all of that is to be repeated in my future but the hard stuff like being away from my family, working on my birthday, and having a no big deal birthday breakfast. This trip has been a trial run and a bunch of tests. It's given me insight to a lot of my future (more on that topic when I get closer to leaving). I have gotten to feel being away from my family, I have gotten to taste quite a few aspects of nursing, and I have gotten to (this sounds weird) enjoy good food...something I have not done in a while. God has been very good to me on this trip. He has shown me many things and taught me some valuable lessons.

No comments:

Post a Comment